Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Catching Up: Part 2

This is the last of the catching up before we break recklessly into the present tense.

As soon as you begin watching this video, you will immediately know how it will end. This is what happens with three kids, pre-bedtime energy, and possibly not quite enough space (before we moved into our current residence).

(The child in question recovered fully in no time. But we continue to be thankful for more space - the kids expend their energy in the back yard these days.)

Post move. We have discovered that even in Barrhaven it rains. Fortunately, we have jigsaw puzzles to enjoy while subtly expanding our geographical awareness. Not so fortunately, our kids now think that North America is the centre of the world.

Present. Jesse works on his new hot rod while I work on organizing the garage.

(This is after Robyn fell on her face on the cement and bruised up her lip, but just before Janna wiped out in her little car and scraped up her knee. Nevertheless, by the end of the day, the kids (and we) acknowledged together that it had been a very good day.)

Before wrapping up, I should mention some other quick highlights that were not captured through the wonders of photography (so you'll just have to believe me).

  1. Janna spilled an entire glass of water at every meal today except supper, during which she dumped her entire plate on the floor instead, to be quickly consumed by our voracious poodle.
  2. Jesse had a dentist appointment today and was totally pumped. When I asked him what he was most anticipating, he replied, "Seeing the dentist." Afterwards, despite the fact that he had been unpleasantly surprised by the actual events that took place within his mouth, he still thought that Dr. Robinson was a very cool guy.
  3. Janna had gymnastics tonight, and we're making an effort to not take any of the other kids to these sorts of activities in order to really capitalize on some one-on-one time with our kids. I particularly appreciated this time since I find it so hard to come by during the school year. So of course, I ended up being the dad trying not to tear up in the crowded parents room watching my daughter spin in circles. (I think I might be turning into my own dad, who is nearly legendary for his spontaneous bursts of emotion.)

    (I just had a really disturbing thought. What if the girls get it from me???????)
Must close this post before this line of thought goes any further...
Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment