First, I spent a good chunk of the day organizing the garage. This was restoring to my soul for several reasons:
- I have never had a garage before to organize.
- I have never had the space to actually pull out my tools, and today I not only pulled them out but cleaned and organized them.
- Without space, I've never actually had a good knowledge of what tools I have, but now I know.
- I have never had the opportunity to use many of my tools, like my circular saw, my miter saw, or my router (thanks for these, Seth), even though I have secretly dreamed of building everything I own with my bare hands.
- It just felt good to be in a space devoted to tools.
Second, Jesse had a couple of his little friends (Simon and Seth) over today, which brought out the adventurous spirit in him. In no time, he was climbing the swing set, jumping off, and experimenting with alternative arrangements for eating toast, all of which seemed very good and healthy to me.
| The boys came up with a new game today. I call it "Climb, Hang, and Fall." This is a significant step for Jesse, who has been in a private war with gravity since birth. |
| The beginning of the fall. |
| Gravity always seems to win in the end. |
| Jesse thinks he's so clever for swapping his plate for the top of the margarine. The adventures never end in the Vance household. |
Sigh. The hardships we bear.
But the adventures will continue tomorrow.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment