Three photographs, three significant moments. Some are glorious; some are gross. Some are beautiful and pure; others are bitterly rank. Some deal with sweat; others concern saliva.
I give you the latest development in candid photo essays: "Important Moments, Up Close and (Way Too) Personal."
.JPG) |
"Sweaty Man Takes a Selfie"
As I was completing a run the other night, I smugly thought to myself, "I just ran really hard and pretty far. Surely all people driving by must be faintly intimidated by my athletic stride and my cool, confident expression."
Absolutely convinced that if I felt victorious, I must surely also look victorious, I was slightly off-put when I discovered that the wind had played cruel games with my 'do and had turned me into a mobile early-nineties hair experiment. At least I looked confident... |
.JPG) |
"An Innocent Game of Spit Bubbles"
Janna came up with the greatest game this evening after supper - she would blow spit bubbles, and we were to pop them. Blow, Pop, Giggle, Repeat. The trouble is that every human being has only a limited amount of saliva in his/her mouth. It's a simple, tragic rule of life: You can't blow spit bubbles indefinitely. Eventually "Blow, Pop, Giggle, Repeat" was replaced by assorted dry clicking sounds as the game ground to an unexpected halt. |
.JPG) |
"Triumphant Boy Learns to Whistle"
After days of trying, Jesse finally managed to pull off a real whistle today. Was he ever excited. And Chrissy and I were legitimately proud; he had been fake whistling for a while (making the whistle face but using his voice - do you know what I mean?), and I was secretly wondering if he would grow up to be a "non whistler".
Clearly, my fears were in vain, and I will soon be able to check off one more life goal on my list: to whistle the bridge/instrumental part to the Newsboys' "Breakfast" with my son. |
Well, that was an odd post. It must be a Monday at the end of the year. It's hard to believe that there are only two full weeks of school left. The marking has been intense, but my gracious, kind, and incredibly enthusiastic family has brought me tremendous joy during these last few weeks. Chrissy, fully six months pregnant now, has been packing like a champ, even while watching our three kids along with assorted others in her part-time day care program. What a lady.
Tired (but inspired),
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment