First, the kids and I have some sort of exercise-type event after breakfast. Sometimes this is a run, and sometimes it's a bike ride. Today Jesse and I (along with the two girls in the bike trailer) travelled to the far away land that we refer to as the "Bridge" - a small bridge over a little stream along the trailers towards the north of the city. We never actually reach the Bridge before having to turn back, but it's becoming like a mythological journey across Narnia for us - we have certain signposts we need to reach (Baseline Station, Iris Station, the Queensway Station) and then, theoretically, we should reach the Bridge, and beyond that, the Ottawa River. Each time we make it slightly further before having to turn back. It's an adventure.
Next, it's time for soccer madness. Chrissy usually joins us for part of Jesse's soccer practice, but often, for a time, I have the three kids to look after on my own. When this is the case, I try to sit them both on my lap and get them to cheer for Jesse.
The fourth step is to go home to get some lunch. I don't know what other kids are like, but our kids are grumpy before they eat. Like, "sit in a chair and cry" grumpy.
Fifth, the kids go down for quiet time, nap time, etc. Chrissy and I usually try to squeeze in a power nap, and then I'm off to school to mark for a few hours.
Sixth: Supper and family games. Family games night is one of Jesse's favourite times of the week... unless he's losing. Tonight we played war, and I totally devastated him in one of the war showdowns. It's hard to watch that kind of thing. You know he wants to have a good attitude, but you also know that you basically just crushed his soul by winning all of his cards. He tries to keep his chin up, but I know (from being the worst sport you can imagine as a child) that this will be a challenge for him in the future. Then again, he has a lot of Chrissy in him, so we might be alright...
Both options are good.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment