How the times have changed. Now bathing three children at once seems like a walk in the park, though I find I'm much less sympathetic than I used to be. The screaming has not lessened; I simply notice it less. Washing the children's hair has been reduced to three simple steps:
- Declare your intentions. (Eg., "I am going to wash your hair.") This is the five second warning for the child to close his or her eyes.
- Wash the hair. (If the child is screaming/fighting, continue to wash the hair. Say re-assuring things.)
- Hand the child a towel. (Work at reconciliation and the rebuilding of your relationship.)
It's efficient. Most of the time, however, bath time is a positive experience for all involved. Jesse and Robyn entertain each other, and Janna does her own thing. (I think it will be a good thing for Janna not to be the middle child come September.)
And the best thing about bath time is that "Tea Time" comes right after - a moment for Chrissy and me to sit down, drink some tea, and take deep breaths whilst being entertained by the critters.
| "Brotherly Love". Robyn is amazingly chill for having had about thirty cups of water poured over her head. |
Janna's alarming and fascinating effort in pretending to be a butterfly, and Robyn's utter refusal to participate.
| The marking continues. One economics test down. Time to polish off some exams and get started on a photography and film test. Thankfully, I've got Old Dutch to keep me company. |
Time to go sleep. I have to say, it feels weird going about regular life while the people of Moncton are in lock down.
Prayers are with you all...
Looking forward to peace on earth.
I will never forget that first bath you gave Jesse. Wow, Robyn seems to be growing so fast!
ReplyDeleteThe first bath was terrifying! And Robyn really is amazing us. She is tough and engaged.
Delete