What better time to try to have supper outdoors?
During our recent foray into the wilderness known as Orléans a couple of days ago, Janna and I also picked up a patio set and somehow fit it into our minivan, which, like Mary Poppins' magical bag, seems capable of storing an infinite amount of cargo. Tonight, as the kids erupted into spontaneous tears and shrieks around us, I thought, "Hey, let's try out that patio set and have supper outside in our backyard? What could go wrong?"
Apart from Janna's apocalyptic fits of terror every time she spotted or thought of an insect, things went pretty smoothly. That is, until I decided to give Jesse an unexpected present from my school's drama class. I think his reaction is pretty much the perfect representation of our emotional state at the end of the week.
That said, my ability to type a coherent thought is slipping away from me quickly. 10pm is fifteen minutes past bed time. Must make it upstairs....
TGIF,
Until next time...
Haha, I enjoy that you gave Jesse that shirt even if it did cause some ups and downs.... I just want you to know that it took 3 boys to write that card and they were very excited about giving someone that shirt.
ReplyDeleteI'm still trying to decide if I should show them the result. I'm worried it might demoralize them right before exams.
DeleteAh, she reacts to mosquito bites like her Aunt Katie does. :(
ReplyDeleteThis was my thought as well.
Delete