An Unexpected Journey
In all of our lives, we will have times when familial duty beckons us to unforeseen adventure. This is especially the case when one's wife is a Kijiji ninja like Chrissy. At exactly 9:04am, I received an urgent telegram (ie., email) from her requesting a furniture pick-up for that evening. For the past seven years, we have been using the cheapest of all cheap chairs for our dining room table; but Chrissy had somehow located six really nice Ikea chairs for an absolutely unbeatable price, as only she can do, I think.
(The man who was selling the furniture eventually joked that he had been "Chrissy-ed" when I told him that she routinely offers just over the asking price to ensure that she beats out her competitors.)
At any rate, my task was clear: I was to travel to the distant land of Orléans, negotiate with a potentially hostile buyer (you never know), make the purchase, secure the goods, and return home safely in time to continue plowing through my legendary marking stack.
Clearly, I was in over my head and needed some backup. Thus, the Fellowship of the Chairs was born, consisting of me and my trusty elf partner, Janna.
Well, now that the adventure is over, the marking awaits. Unfortunately, not much will get done tonight, but I have high hopes for tomorrow. (Unfortunately, this is also what all teachers say every night. But it's true! I will have photographic proof tomorrow.)
With steel and determination,
Until next time...
Nice chairs! And Janna is easy to please :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! Yes, she's a good one.
ReplyDelete