Last night was one of those nights in which your daughter wakes up every hour or so weeping about the spiders she thinks are in her room. The unfortunate result of her deep-rooted agitation was that the entire Vance household was significantly sleep deprived by the time the early-morning alarm summoned us to reluctant consciousness.
The alarm, as usual, wakened Robyn, who serenaded us with all manner of enthusiastic syllables for the next hour as we attempted to pry ourselves from the bed. Our breakfast together was a dark foreshadowing of the day to come, and I think that's all I'll say about today.
.JPG) |
| Poor Jesse just stared at the same point across the room for most of the meal. |
.JPG) |
It was hard to read Janna's emotions, as she distractedly stirred her Shreddies. Looking back, I wonder how clearly young children understand their tremendous power to throw their families into chaos by waking and crying all night. Do they feel a sense of satisfaction in wielding this power?
(Was Janna smiling as she stirred her Shreddies? This is the real question, and I just don't have the answer.) |
.JPG) |
| I think her facial expression says it all. |
Until next time... (pillow... is calling...!)
No comments:
Post a Comment