Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday Night, Let's Go!

Monday-evening posts will not be a landmark of literary or photographic brilliance.

As this is Monday night, the Vances are currently rushing to get ready for our Monday-night small groups. This is an enjoyable time of the week for us, but very rushed as well.


Fortunately, we had time for a special dessert, since all the kids ate their suppers. "Sundays à la Daddy": ie., Vanilla ice cream topped with strawberries, melted chocolate, and crushed up gluten-free quinoa  chocolate chip cookies (naturally). I have a deal with Chrissy that I'll make half the meals this summer, so I'm getting warmed up. Stay tuned for more excellent "dad-style" dishes...

Small group was a special guys night out. We don't do this that often, so we were at a bit of a loss as to what to do with ourselves. We settled on eating tremendous amounts of hamburgers and throwing frisbees at each other.

"Bang!" is our official small group game. Nothing brings a group of guys together better than a Western-style showdown. In the words of Stevie Andrews, "I... want... violence!" 
All around, a great evening. Now to get some sleep.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment