By chance, today, a friend of Chrissy and mine remarked that Jesse wasn't even using his training wheels as he sped around with gleeful abandon on his bike. I had to admit that he looked quite competent on his vehicle of choice, but I pointed out that every time I had pushed him to drop the training wheels, he had looked at me with panic in his eyes and pleaded for me to leave them on.
Not wanting to push him too far too soon, I had acquiesced. Today, however, I felt that familiar urge to liberate him from the shackles of security and launch him into true, honest boyhood. Chrissy seemed to be reading my mind as she remarked that Jesse had also become proficient in using Janna's trainer bike (like a regular, tiny bike but without pedals or dignity). I asked him to show me, and to my amazement, he picked it up and coasted around our little common area with no trouble at all.
I bent down and looked him in the eye. "Jesse," I asked him, "do you want to take your training wheels off?"
He nodded, with a little smile on his face, and the rest is history.
(Make sure to watch until the very end!)
Proudly yours,
Until next time...
Well done Jesse and Dave! Love, Nana :)
ReplyDelete