This post will be on three moderately exciting moments. I call them moderately exciting because none of them are quite like having a baby, getting married, or eating one's first Shawarma, but nevertheless, I was thankful for these three miniature events today.
.JPG) |
| Event #1: Ok, this is actually a little bigger than "moderately" exciting. For a homeschooler, I don't think anything quite compares to the joy of receiving and opening the "book box" of the coming year's curriculum. The beautiful thing is that it hasn't dawned on Jesse yet to mourn the coming of the school year... hopefully education will continue to be a joyful thing for many years to come. |
.JPG) |
| Event #2: Jesse's first race bib. To be clear, this is my race bib, not Jesse's, but this is still his first contact with an official race. He has made me promise that I will run REALLY fast, which I will really try to do. Unfortunately, I think he may be a bit devastated if I don't win this one. |
.JPG) |
Event #3: The harvest continues, aided by our excellent team of hardworking farmhands ("lawnhands"? "gardenhands"?). These guys were fearless. Jesse, in particular, was dedicated to dumping nearly a jug of water on each plant until we convinced him of the value of moderation.
The result was an abundant supply of rhubarb, and a much nicer looking garden. And really dirty kids. |
It was a good day, and we're all tired in a healthy way, except for the kids who are not tired at all and chattering noisily in their bedrooms. Hopefully they will sleep soon.
Sleepily/hopefully,
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment