The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup,
You hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places,
Indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
(Psalm 16)
Also, we've recently moved into a new house and it's been very busy.
Originally, I was going to make this a thank-you post to the Hummels for renting to us the most beautiful house we've ever experienced. However, I simply can't think of words that would not cheapen this tremendous blessing. For now, I hope a simple "thank you" will suffice, and this blog itself will hopefully be a fitting tribute to the generosity that is making these new memories possible.
To make up for the upsetting lack of posts during these past two weeks, I'm going to include six photos this week, and one of the photos is actually four photos. Furthermore, this post will be organized into three sections: two photos on "Taking Care of Business" in the new home, two on the eclectic life of the Vance girls, and two on Jesse's recent birthday party, which was postponed until today due to our impending move.
Now that we've covered the organizational structure of the update, let's dig in.
Taking Care of Business
The Vance Girls: The Legend Continues
| What, you might ask, does Janna find to do with this enormous and beautiful house? Well, I'd reply, sometimes she dresses up like a fairy and sits in a chair. |
| Robyn, in the meantime, is never quite so chill. We left the room for a couple of minutes and she had "sampled" seven of the eight remaining watermelon slices. At first I thought she felt bad.... |
| ...but that misunderstanding was soon corrected. |
| Nothing changes. |
The Belated Birthday Party
| In the end, though, it was a very happy occasion with lots of his close friends. I bet this will be the first birthday that he'll remember as an adult. |
We'll take it.
Profoundly thankful,
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment