Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Comin' Home from Work

Let's put it plainly - coming home from work is an intense situation. You'd think that dealing with unpredictable teenagers all day would prepare one for entry into a small-family scenario at 4:00pm. However, dozens of teenagers could not match the energy and enthusiasm of my three children playing outside, not to mention the several miscellaneous youngsters that roam our neighbourhood.

Usually Chrissy gives me a look that says, "I'm glad you're home. I was about to go crazy."

I shoot her a look that says, "Wow. I'm already overwhelmed, and I've only been here for ten seconds."

Then she shoots me a look that says, "Ha, ha! Well, I'm going inside to get dinner ready. Have fun and try to keep the children alive."

I may shoot her wild, desperate looks at this point, but she doesn't see them because she is quickly moving inside, laughing softly to herself (in my imagination, at least).

Jesse definitely caught me off guard, today, with his latest fashion find. Ironically, he was more embarrassed over his sweet Angry Birds T-shirt than the 3D glasses he was so casually sporting.

(What a great kid!)

Katie decided to come hang out with us. I tried to get a nice stop-motion shot of her twirling her hair, but in the end, the wind up was the coolest shot because it looks like she was suddenly struck by an intense moment of inspiration. 

Our major milestone of the day: Robyn has learned how to sit on a basketball. Apparently Jesse worked with her on this for quite awhile. She perched here for several minutes with various expressions of satisfaction on her face. 

Ok, despite the fact that coming home definitely necessitates an immediate cup of coffee, it is certainly a joyful reunion. Two of my children gladly cover me with affectionate embraces, and by pretending to have hurt feelings, I can even squeeze the occasional hug out of Janna.

Awesome.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment