Ok, so in my last little update I promised something deep in my next post. Truthfully, I have nothing. This either makes me shallow, or way too busy (practicum ends in 1 week!). But to whet your doubtlessly voracious appetites to hear what important things I have to say, I am going to post the lyrics to a song I've been trying to write for a long time. There are gaps because I need some help with it, so any suggestions would be appreciated."When You're Next to Me"
If I had the words to write you a song
I'd make it a masterpiece;
With lyrics like fire, my heart would aspire
to move you with pure melodies
If you gave me sight, I'd look straight to you,
Where else could my eyes find their rest?
I'd search the whole earth, and for all that it's worth
___________________????? (Something that sounds like rest?)
Chorus:
Hey, hey, I feel the sky
I hear the stars when you're next to me
Hey, hey, I feel you breathe
and I tune my soul to your heartbeat.
Second verse and bridge: I got nothin!!!
That's it for today.
Daver
Daver
Hello... I was just surfing blogs, and decided to stop in at yours. Do you write the music for these songs, too?
ReplyDeleteWow.... you are my first surfer visitor. I sort of write the music. I write the chords, and my band will fill in the rest. Have any ideas for the music part???
ReplyDelete'Best', 'suggest', 'caress', impressed', 'crest' are a few words to mull over....
ReplyDeletelest, messed, chest, test, quest, west, nest, pest, stressed, dressed, fest, guest, jest, zest, vest, blessed.
ReplyDeleteSome of those are probably not fitting of the song... but a few of the others might work.
As a side note, I read this blog before I went to bed last night and somehow I ended up dreaming about you singing the song. You sounded good and I was impressed with your guitar and vocals. Just thought I'd tell you :) Who all is in your band?
"There's more life in a tramp's vest" (oh, sorry - that's already taken by the Stereophonics (a Welsh band) - check the song out here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcXtouIqZhY. Sorry, I shouldn't be so flippant with someone I don't know!
ReplyDeleteYou've probably finished the song by now, but I like Kate suggestion "quest", something like "You're (my) every destination for my every quest"