It's 9:51pm, and I'm having a really hard time keeping my eyes open. This has been a busy week full of exams, marking, and graduation activities. It has also been a trying day, featuring a broken snorkel, an outraged son, and miscellaneous disciplinary activities.
So clearly, a date night was in order.
Chrissy and I have far from perfected our Friday-night date routine, but as it stands right now... we try to do something intentional on Fridays. How's that for a plan! Tonight, a dear family friend, Leah Meredith, came to our rescue and stayed at our house for a few hours whilst we escaped to the wondrous land of the "outside world."
.JPG) |
| Leah and Cooper go way back. In fact, Cooper actually inspired Leah and her family to get their family dog, Boo. I think you can tell a lot about a person by their reaction to dogs, so clearly, Leah is "top shelf." |
.JPG) |
| Nachos for me and a Chocolate "Doughcano" for Chrissy. That was awesome. We left Boston Pizza in a tremendously good mood. |
.JPG) |
| No date night would be complete without a romantic walk past the Centrepoint Library. But lest you think my priorities are misplaced, that glow you see was actually caused by my love for Chrissy, not the nearby shelves of classic literature. |
Chrissy and I returned home feeling like much better people than when we left. Clearly, date night is the best thing.
Thanks, Leah!
Until next time...
Sweet :)
ReplyDelete