Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wednesday

Chrissy says that today feels like summer. I agree, but even more, I think that today feels like a Wednesday. That means that you are so tired that your soul feels like its about to slurp out of you and hit the floor, but somehow you are only halfway through the week and need to be remarkably social and productive for three more days.

What better way to deal with that somewhat painful reality than to write about it?

(Side note: I encouraged my students today to write for the fun of it this summer. They smiled at me tolerantly.)

This is what the Vance household looks like on a Wednesday in May.




Supper time. Robyn has terrorized Chrissy all day and now wields her ice-cream utensils like ninja swords. Note that Robyn pulls off eighties hairstyles like nobody's business. 

Janna, meanwhile, was overjoyed to be on a date with Aunt Katie. She was thrilled to go out without either of her siblings, and quickly made an itinerary for Katie that involved fast food restaurants and shopping opportunities. 
That was a long day! Alas, I have just remembered that I need to finish an Economics test.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment