Also of note today is the fact that we have two tremendously significant occasions to celebrate. First, after more than eighteen months, Robyn is finally heavy enough to face forward in her car seat. I have serious social reservations regarding both rear-facing car seats and car seats in general, so I am thrilled to finally have Robyn facing the right direction during our van excursions. Secondly, Janna randomly figured out how to pedal her tricycle today, after months of showing no interest in this at all. I was sitting in my "child monitoring chair" out front, when suddenly I heard this small voice call out, "Daddy! Look at me! I'm pedawingghghghgh!" (Janna likes to add a gutteral, German-like "achgh" to the ending of most words. Do you know the sound I mean?)
At any rate, it was a day of multi-faceted pride.
| Go Royals! Jesse is utterly unable to restrain his enthusiasm. Good job with the school colours, Chrissy. |
| Janna nonchalantly rests for a moment after strenuously peddling more than five feet in five minutes. Note the excellent form in the positioning of her feet. |
A tiring day for all, but a good day. Praise God!
Until next time...
Love your blog Dave! Did you know however that most people can turn their kids around at 1 year of age? Sometimes sooner? Your kids are just so light that they take a lot longer to weigh enough! :)
ReplyDeleteA comment! Thank you so much for your comment.
DeleteYes, our kids are almost weightless. I've been wanting to turn them around since birth, but apparently that's frowned upon. I've always been jealous of the Potter experience in this regard.