Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Evening = Emotional Healing

Not that we Vances need any kind of psychological therapy after a busy week. No siree... we handle things just fine... apart from the occasional weeping and the staring vacantly into the distance. :)

To be honest, despite the incredible beauty of spring, May is typically a hard time for our family. I am never more busy and more tired than I am at the end of this month, and of course, with the loads of marking and work I put in at the end of a typical day, Chrissy receives less help than usual as well. That's why Friday evening, with its promise of a weekend to come, is like a little taste of heaven in advance.

This photo makes me feel peaceful and thankful. Bring on the weekend.

A spontaneous outburst of deafening cheer enlivens our weary souls at supper (and for the next ten minutes afterwards). 

Robyn likes to give the most affectionate little embraces as she pulls your face towards hers, using any available hair as leverage.
The weekend holds such promise. Let the healing begin!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment