Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Week After Chrissy's Birthday

Well, it's now a week and two days since Chrissy's birthday on August 2. I'm not quite ready to sum up our vacation in blog format (since we don't return for another three days), but I thought I'd take a moment to celebrate my beautiful wife, Chrissy.

And what says love like an acrostic?

Cares for the people around her!
Holds her own in a game of Dutch Blitz
Really likes her once-a-year donair from Pizza Twice
Is incredibly talented at cooking gluten-free food
Soothes babies to sleep in the blink of an eye
Sorry guys, she's taken!
Yappy dogs aren't her favorite thing

Vince" is a name she vetoed for our oldest child
Artistic, innovative, and just generally creative
Not your average twenty-nine-year old girl
Can balance a budget spreadsheet like a pro
Enthusiastic about reality television

Irritated by people who show up at our door asking to see our electricity bill
Says what she thinks, but mixes love with honesty

An authority on child-rearing techniques

Healthy eating is definitely a priority
Only person I know who has a hand-written inventory of the household toys
Totally appreciates her early morning cup of coffee
Tempted by Brie cheese
Is married to quite a studly gentleman
Entirely and fantastically beautiful!!!

You probably get the picture. I think Chrissy is one of the classiest, most lovely people I've ever met, and she inspires me with her quiet, steadfast faith; her devotion to the people around her; and her willingness to laugh and cry with me as we do life together.

Check out Proverbs 31:10-31.

Well, that's it for today. I'll leave you with some artwork that the kids and I made for Chrissy's birthday. More on East Coast 2013 in a week or so!



...until next time!

























2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree and love the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are adorable, and I have to agree that your lovely wife is super fantastically great.

    ReplyDelete