Tuesday, August 21, 2012

...Until Next Time...



Wow, I can’t believe the time has come – this is my last post for the summer. I might post here and there on some major occasions, but otherwise, this is it until next summer.

We’ve had a ton of fun sharing our topsy-turvy lives with you over the past couple of months. Thanks for reading! Hopefully we have influenced people TOWARDS having children and not away from it... despite the entire dominance of chaos, sleepiness, and messiness in our lives, we are having a blast (at least half of the time), and we sincerely thank God every day for the blessings he has poured into us in giving us each other (Chrissy and myself, I mean), our crazy little kids, and the ever-patient friends and family that surround us (and hold us together at times).

Before I sign off, I have just a few photos from the past few days to share. Here they are!





Driving the kids around with Aunt Katie while Momma does some work on the home front. This is, of course, my natural driving stance.






Yesterday evening we took a walk to a nearby park with our little neighbour, Shy-Anne (spelling?). On the way we found a mountain! It seemed only natural to push our stroller up it and run down the other side. 






Not the most flattering shot of Jesse, but it represents a milestone – he can now climb up the park equipment all by himself! (Proud dad moment!)






This morning: Jesse’s new favourite thing to draw is a beanstalk. And by a beanstalk, I mean a single line straight up the middle of the page. Turn the page. Continue to draw a straight line. (Repeat forever.) “The beanstalk is growing, Dad!” he exclaims.






A blurry picture, but then, Janna’s emotional outbursts always occur at light speed. Here, she is overjoyed that Mom is playing with her.






One way that it really does feel like the end of the summer is that we needed to dress the kids in jeans and long sleeves before we went to the park this morning. It was cool out! The kids looked really cute, a sentiment I was hoping to capture on camera but instead got this...






Janna, sporting the latest in pre-fall fashion.






Jesse,  genuinely happy to be on his bike. (Favourite picture of Jesse this summer.)







Janna, deceptively sweet....






...before she lunges for the expensive electronic device (my camera)! Thankfully, she was restrained by the seat belt. Better luck next time, Janna.






Off to the park once more......






Signing off, until next time,

Dave

4 comments:

  1. Love their new jeans. Love the cooler weather, although still getting up above 25, it is fresh and breezy in Fredericton. Loved getting the dad's perspective on life, this summer. Love you! You're a great dad. :)

    Love,
    Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dave! (+family)

    I know we haven't talked in a looooong time but I just wanted to let you know that I saw your blog posts on facebook and I really enjoyed reading about the adventures of you and your family this summer :)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber, that's awesome. Too bad we didn't get to connect with you guys on PEI - hope things are going well with you and Nathan!

      Delete