So let me start again: on this day, twenty-eight years ago, the love of my life was deciding to stay inside for one more day before she entered the world. Chrissy is certainly my favourite person in the world, and one of the most inspirational people to me. I hope you had a great day, Chrissy!
Let me provide you with a brief photographic account of the day. Jesse and I spent the morning doing some classic last-minute shopping at the Regent Mall while Janna spend some quality time with at my mom's house.
(Jesse very emphatically picked out a card with a seahorse on it. Then we selected a bracelet for Mom and had a little happy birthday message engraved on it. We both felt pretty good about this decision.)
After we returned home, the kids decided to have an extra long nap, so Chrissy and I were treated to nearly three hours of rest. Here I am, digging into some Macbeth for my Grade 11 English class.
For supper, Chrissy's mom made a killer pot of seafood chowder. I mean, this was a HUGE pot of seafood! This is Chrissy's favourite food; she asks for it every year. I have to admit, two years ago I would have avoided this chowder like the plague, not being a natural seafood fan. However, ever since I tried this particular seafood chowder last year, I have felt my resistances to seafood crumbling. This is really good chowder. I am still not to the point where I wake up from dreams of seafood chowder like Chrissy, but I did find myself slightly looking forward to it this year. Will the wonders never cease! Chrissy's dad has promised to give me some more exposure to lobster, which both intimidates me and intrigues me.
My parents also joined us for this evening. Here's Dad, content with the combination of friends, family, and seafood chowder.
Janna enjoying some good food. She honestly chowed down today in a way that defied her 16.5 pounds. She even ate a full bowl of seafood chowder and half of a second bowl!
Dad's surprise present to Chrissy was a giant, 1.85kg bag of M&Ms. Here is Jesse, clearly distraught over the fact that Mom's present is heavy and he can barely lift it!! Obviously, someone was being a little inconsiderate, giving Momma such a heavy present!
All it took was a good bath to cheer him up!
Hanging out with Grand-pere before bed.
And this takes us up to the present. In hindsight, I wish I had taken better pictures of the ladies of the household, especially Chrissy's mom, my mom, and... Chrissy!
Anyhow, Happy Birthday Chrissy!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment