Part 1: The Dark Knight Rises Was an Awesome Movie!!!!!
Was it ever! I have to say, I haven’t been as pumped after a
movie in recent memory. Paul, Stevie, and I were basically giggling all way out
the theatre. I’ve always said the Lord of the Rings movies were my favorites,
but this movie is a serious contender for the top!
Here we are before the movie. You can see the wild
anticipation in our eyes. We were also sitting in IMAX theatre seats that
tilted backwards when you least expected it, so that might account for some of
the alarm/excitement on our faces.
I wisely decided not to take any pictures of the movie itself (though I was sorely tempted), but without any spoilers, here is a list of the things we found awesome:
- Batman’s motorcycle
- Occasionally awesome cheesy lines
- The bass almost crushing our chests
- Batman
There really are many more things, but to mention them would
ruin the surprise.
Driving home, thinking about... Batman. Occasionally
pretending my van was the Batmobile.
Stevie – still pumped!
Part 2: Ways to Occupy Two Restless Kids
Chrissy was working today, and so I took up the mantle of “House
Man” once again. My plan was ultimately to exhaust the kids with a mini park
tour early in the day, thus being able to maintain the upper hand as the day
progressed.
Katie came home last night! She spent some quality time
reading to the kids before the day began.
Next, Jesse and I created the best train track ever. He was
quite proud of his creation!
Meanwhile, I used a strategically placed turtle toy to
occupy Janna while I sunscreened them both for the park.
I’ve noticed that “sunscreening” has become an oft-used verb in our house. It’s a horrible process of greasing up kids with a slimy substance they hate, usually resulting in tears and anger, occasionally from the kids. Do all parents fear the sunscreening process as much as I do? Is anyone actually good at sunscreening their children? If there’s a proper technique for this, I’d love to hear about it.
Anyways....
Jesse and Janna on the way to park #1. They have become increasingly conversational in the wagon. Actually, conversational isn’t the right word. Jesse lectures Janna on a given topic for several minutes, until Janna emits a spontaneous scream, earning her a harsh rebuke from Jesse as he attempts to instruct her in the proper etiquette of wagon riding... repeat!
Janna insisted on trying the “big girl swing” at the park.
Unfortunately, due to a washroom emergency, we were forced
to return (very quickly) to our house.
Later, in a desperate attempt to occupy the children, we
used a towel to dress up. This became Jesse’s “ghost” costume, and here he is
giving us his best “ghost” face!! Thankfully, Momma had returned from work and
suggested a few more substantial activities for us.
That’s it for today!
Until next time...
Hokey Toledo Dave! You, Paul and Stevie look like brothers...from the same mother!
ReplyDeleteFunny comment Wilbert!
ReplyDeleteI similarly occupied two busy kids today as babysitter in the Abbott household. Parks, pools and multiple grapes were involved. As for "sunscreening" tips, Susannah exhibited minimal grumping - generally she is the more fearsome of the two as far as sun cream goes. James and I made up a song about it, which we both ended up singing. I would include the lyrics but I didn't commit them to memory, it was more of an impromptu thing. Perhaps this could be a strategy for you? It made the experience much more enjoyable for my nephew as well as for me.
ReplyDelete