Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mid-Praticum Update

Hello, little blog-readers. Well, it's been almost a month since my last post, which is horribly uncommitted of me. It's been so busy I've barely had time to think. A bunch of stuff is happening:

  • Practicum: The legend continues. I'm just about done my 5-week stint at molding young minds at Glebe Collegiate. The reports are good, except I need to crack down on discipline a little. Any innovative ideas for discipline techniques???

  • Pre-natal classes: Yikes. All the "female" words that I have avoided throughout my time as a man have made a dramatic comeback in these classes. Plus, all the other guys there are avid readers of pregnancy literature. For example, I was one of the only guys there who hasn't read "The Baby Whisperer" or "Eighteen Short Birth Stories". What is this? Should I be reading this stuff? My heart says no, but my "pregnancy buddies" (??!) say yes....

  • Chrissy has reorganized our apartment. This might sound uneventful if you don't know my wife, but she takes a task like this to heart. After drawing to-scale diagrams of each individual piece of our furniture, she has used them to create an absolutely stellar layout for everything. If I knew how to post pictures I would. But trust me, it's awesome.
That's about it for this post. I think blogs are supposed to be a bit more intellectual or something, so next time I'll try to write something DEEP. Prepare yourselves, my (3?) friends.

4 comments:

  1. Don't give in Dave, don't read the books, we have to stick together! I've watched enough Baby Story to last me a lifetime...

    Thanks for the update!

    Ps. Lets hang out, I want to see the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update! The book I sent you will put them to shame. You will become the best baby-educated man there, in practical matters anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps I should send you Raffi, for your artistic side...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recommend using the dunce cap technique. apparently that makes their self-esteem drop enough to respect you. otherwise, there is always the wooden ruler technique. though, that's illegal now.

    on second thought, just take away their desk. make em sit on the floor. i think that's what my grade 4 teacher did. kinda.

    or, you could use the more normal techniques that they teach you in teachers school. your choice.

    ReplyDelete